Writing Assignments

Photography Career Tree

Some jobs that I would be interested in perusing would be a graphic designer or video editor. Something that sparks my interest in these careers would be my love for photography and being able to use the computer editing to make the images and things look better. I would like to work somewhere there are pretty skies and sunsets and just a nice land scape in general.

The responsibilities for these jobs would be having a creative mind and working diligently. Also, you would have to have a good time management as well. I think the salary would be somewhere around $500-1,000 maybe lower depending on the company and my job in that company. The other jobs that I am interested in perusing would to just be a studio photographer and be able to take pictures of models and edit them well for them to be posted on big time magazines.

I’m interested in these jobs because I want to keep pursuing photography especially portraits. I think that I could end up becoming a good photographer in the future if I keep trying my hardest and be more creative. When it comes to jobs in photography you need to have an open mind and a wide variety of creativity to help you be different than anyone else. You have to be open minded to make your photos that you take stand out more than others.

Photography Job Search

Photographer- Fashion Nova – Careers – Vernon, CA  

I don’t really meet the qualifications of this job because it says that I need to have 5 plus years’ experience in photography, ideally in the fashion industry. I also don’t have a BA degree in Photography yet. If I had that type of experience, I would love to take this job. They give you many different benefits like PTO (Paid Time Off) which is huge, most jobs don’t give you that.  

Athletics Photographer – Hrly/Int On – California State University, Long Beach 

With this job there really aren’t any specific qualifications that I would need to have. Although It says that I must have a clear background check in order to be employed which shouldn’t be a problem for me.  

Photography Studio Manager-Summit Portraits, LLC -Yorba Linda, CA 92887 

With this job I do fit the qualifications. Although I would have to be 18 which I would have to wait for a little while since I’m only 17 still and don’t turn 18 till June in 2023. I am a fast learner which is something that they list that they need from me to be able to get this job. With this job I would get to work with adults and kids. Not only this but I would be able to take sport portraits which is something that I’m interested in as well.  

DSLR Camera Lenses PPT

1. DSLR stands for ‘Digital Single Lens Reflex’  
  1. Has a mirror inside to which lets you preview the same image that is being captured  
  1. Has a detachable lens 
  1. ISO stands for ‘International Organization for Standards’ 
  1. Your ISO is the number that describes the film’s sensitivity to light 
  1. ISO was formally American Standards Associate (ASA) 
  1. ISO is now used to describe the sensitivity of the digital sensors  
  1. A high ISO means sensor will be more sensitive to light meaning that it will take less light to get the right exposure  
  1. More available light= lower ISO 
  1. Less available light= high ISO 
  1. Use the lowest ISO you can to avoid grain/ noise on an image 
  1. Shutter speed is how long the shutter is open 
  1. Choose shutter speed depending on situation  
  1. High shutter speed to capture fast actions  
  1. The shutter in a camera is a half-circle  
  1. Typical NTSC frame rate is 30 frames per second 
  1. A camera shake occurs when the camera’s shutter speed is slower than 1/(focal length) of a second 
  1. The aperture is also known as the F-stop 
  1. A fraction is when the focal length is divided by lens meter  
  1. The smaller the F stop the larger the opening is 
  1. A “fast” lens has a bigger maximum aperture  
  1. The larger the aperture the shallower the depth of field is 
  1. White balance is a setting that adjusts how colors look  
  1. Full auto (the green rectangle) is a camera setting that does everything for you 
  1. CA (Creative Auto) camera does everything but lets you choose the brightness, depth of field, picture style pressing the Q button 

Why You Should Become a Famous Photographer:

I think that I would like to work in this field because you get to be your own boss. There are many different pathways that I can take. Like making my own business and having my own little company to which I would be the boss and make the rules. With being a famous photographer I can do anything I would like. I could take all kinds of photos and it wouldn’t matter what they are. And at anytime I can branch out to any different kind of photography style. Although I will obviously have my own personal style that I adore and that I’m good at.

Read and Write:

1. What are aperture, shutter speed and ISO?
  2. When would you need to change your ISO?
  3. What is aperture and shutter priority settings?
  4. What are AF modes how do you change them?
  5. Why do your need to meter the light to get the right exposure?
  6. What is white balance and why would you need to change it?
  7. What is depth of field and what is the difference between shallow and good?
  8. What are drive modes and metering modes?
  9. What is exposure compensation?
  1. Aperture is an adjustable hole in a lens, shutter speed is how fast or slow the aperture closes, and ISO is what controls how much light gets into the lens when shooting.
  2. You need to change your ISO when shooting in dark or bright places.
  3. When the camera changes the aperture or shutter speed for you.
  4. They are modes that automatically changes/fixes the photo for you. To change it you would half-press the shutter button. Once focus is established, the camera will then fix the focus.
  5. You need to meter it so when taking the photo the image won’t turn out too dark or too bright.
  6.  White balance is adjusting colors to make the image look natural. We do the process of changing the colors to remove mainly color casts to align the picture with what we saw when we took it.
  7. Depth of field is how close or far away the photographer is from the subject. A shallow depth of field is when the subject is in focus and the background is blurry. A good depth of field is when the subject is blurry and the background is in focus.
  8. One determines the aperture and shutter speed and the other determines the ISO
  9. When you measure the light in stops.